March 04, 2011

Tilapia with Lemon Pepper Marinade - A Recipe


Elizabeth from Trenches of Mommyhood asked for my Lemon Pepper Tilapia recipe, so here it is:

Lemon Pepper Marinade for Fish

1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons lemon peel
2 tablespoons white vinegar
2 green onions, tops cut off, minced
2 teaspoons sugar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon salt

Mix everything together.  Put fish fillets in a ziploc bag and pour in the marinade.  Put this in the fridge (I usually put the bag on a plate or small cookie sheet in case it leaks).  The original recipe says not to marinade for longer than 30 minutes, but I have let it marinade a little longer.  Remove the fish from the bag, discard the marinade and bake. 

The original recipe didn't include baking times for the fish.  I bake the fillets (usually 4 oz.) for about 8 minutes at 375 degrees. I test the middle of the fish to see if it flakes easily. Don't overbake.

I have two fish recipes that I am going to try in the next couple of weeks.  One is for Tilapia with Black Bean Relish and the other is Pan Seared Tuna Steaks with Mandarin Orange Pico de Gallo.  Both of these recipes are from an American Heart Association Cookbook.  I will post the recipes if they pass the taste test.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Thanks so much, Martha! With lent approaching I intend to try this recipe out...will let you know how we like it!

Martha said...

Elizabeth:

I just realized I forgot to put the pepper in as an ingredient. I have updated it.