April 09, 2012

Liebster Awards




It has taken me awhile to post my Liebster Awards, as I had to get used to the way Blogger is now operating in Google Chrome.  As with all things, I will get used to it as I don’t really have much of a choice. 

Back on March 23rd, Sue over at Berkshire Cottageawarded my blog the Liebster Award.  As Sue told in her post:

"This award is geared toward new bloggers or bloggers that have under 200 Followers.  The word liebster in German means favorite.  When accepting this award, there are several things the blogger must satisfy."  They are:   

1.  Choose five up-and-coming blogs (with fewer than 200 followers) to award the Liebster to. 

Here are my choices:

Towards Retirement with Debt  Maureen lives in Australia and while she would probably say that she does not deserve an award for her blog, I say nay to that.  She has been through a rough year in that she followed a dream and it didn’t quite work out the way she had hoped.  I was delighted that after months of not blogging, she started back at it sharing what she had been through.  Maureen is honest about what is going on in her life and how she is balancing wants and needs.  I appreciate that.  

How to be a Housewife  This blogger has great recipes and household tips.  I love to read about her watching her grandkids.  While I read her blog, I delight in knowing that someday I will be a grandma like her.

Head over heels in Debt  This is an honest blog written by a woman who began her journey to deal with her debt back in 2010.  She has been on quite a journey and has made hard decisions to pay down her debt.  Again she gives an honest critique of her situation. 

Simple Every Day Living This blog is about simple living and self-reliance.  I love to read what Rose has posted, perhaps it is because I have a secret desire to live an Agrarian lifestyle.

Simply Living  I learned of Kris’ blog when she posted a comment on my blog.  Kris is living on a very, very tight budget and I enjoy stopping by her blog to read about what she is up to.  She gardens and cans and has the skills to live on a very low income.  Kris has a very full life.  Kris is the one that I can turn to when I need to find another way to save money.  I wish she could stop by my home for a couple of days and show me how to can.  I am “canning deficient.”

The above blogs are worthy of being among my favorites.  Just like many of you I spend time reading my favorite blogs and feel as if the above are some of my dear friends.

2.  Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.  

3.  Post the award on your blog.  List the bloggers you are giving the award to with links to their sites.  Leave comments on their blogs so they know about the award.

4.  Share 5 random facts about yourself that people don't know about you.

Okay - here are the random facts about me.  

1.  My DH and I dated only 2 weeks and then became engaged.

2.  I hinted to this above, but I would be happy living in a little farm house, with a garden, and some chickens (for meat and eggs) and a goat (for milk and cheese).  This would be “heck” for my DH. 

3.  I have a two year college degree in nutrition.

4.  I am totally in love with the fashions of 1910 through 1919 and want to sew dresses from that era.

5.  I am landscaped challenged.  My yard looks like something a 2nd grader designed on a bad day.  Hence there would be a problem with number 2 above if I had a garden and wanted to raise all my own vegetables.

Thanks again to Sue at Berkshire Cottage for this award.  It was fun to receive this award and it was fun for me to give it to five deserving bloggers.

1 comment:

Sue said...

I really enjoyed learning more about you! Now to go click on your favorite blogs!