April 24, 2012

My Secret to Saving Money - Oops

I need to elaborate on my previous post as I realize that I may have been misunderstood.

I am home because I choose to be home. My problem is that it is easy for me to get caught up in doing lot of volunteer work that takes me out of the home. When I am gone, things don't run as smoothly and I end up spending some money on convenience items.

It wasn't the intent of my post to tell women that you can save more money by quitting your jobs and staying home. I worked for years and during that time I did a lot of frugal things to stretch our budget. However now that I have made the choice to be home, I need to guard my time and not be drawn away from my home by too much volunteer work. Some volunteerism is great, but too much is not a good thing. 

I need to say "No" more often. I hope this clears things up.





2 comments:

Maureen said...

I could see exactly where you were coming from in your last post, however as I mentioned I have the opposite problem, not enough interests outside the home, but I'm working on that one......

Rhonda said...

I think I knew what you meant in the other post. I am also a homemaker and while it is fun to shop and do lunch and all those things away from home, my budget stays in much better shape when I stay home.
at home, I do lots of little things like cook from scratch, iron shirts, take care of my yard, make gifts, this list is almost endless - all things I could pay someone else to do but if I stay home and stay busy, I can really stretch my husbands hard-earned pay.
I am much happier at home than in the workforce so it is a win-win situation for us all the way around.