Stacy at Moderate Means has passed along some blogger awards to which I am a recipient. I must say that I was blessed as I am new to blogging.
First, is the Sunshine Award. As Stacy has explained The Sunshine Award is awarded to bloggers whose positivity and creativity inspires others in the blogworld! (Some days I wonder if I fit this requirement - well okay, we won't count the PMS days.) To accept the award, put the logo on your blog and pass it on to other bloggers. Link the nominees within your post and let them know about the award by commenting on their blog. Share the love and link to the person from whom you received this award.
First of all just the word “Sunshine” in the middle of a dull gray January day makes a person feel giddy.
Second, is the Happy 101 Award. If you are not feeling happy, you need to sit down and make a happy list. I guarantee this will transform you. I could list more than 10 and will probably do this later after I read my Bible. Also, since I started this blog last fall I have received a lot of happiness from other women. Staying home can be lonely some days and my blog and the blogs that I follow bring happiness into my life.
So, here is what I am happy for (not in the order of importance):
1. A good cup of coffee
2. My family – especially my DS who when I was a little blue yesterday gave me a quote from the musical “Spam-a-lot” which made me laugh;
3. My Kia Sportage that started up each and every day in the sub zero weather
4. My sewing machine – oh the possibilities of what I can make
5. My relationship with God
6. My husband - life with him is fun
7. My Anne of Green Gables DVD’s - that is Anne with an "E"
8. Food, shelter and my needs being met
9. Living in a small town in the Midwest
10. Peanut Butter Granola Bars
I am giving both of these awards to two bloggers that I have been watching since I have stayed home permanently. They are:
50’s Housewife and Little Bits From My Home to Yours. Both of these ladies are Christians. Their blogs are fun to read and they inspire me in my new role as a full time Homemaker. So ladies - thank you for your gift of blogging and for giving me the tools and inspiration to aspire to be a good homemaker, wife and mom.
Sunshine and Happiness describes both of these bloggers and I am priviliged to honor both of them with these awards.