December 14, 2010

Dinner Tonight - December 14th

My youngest son is having a hard day so I am going to make his favorite meal tonight:  pizza pasta.  I have some italian bread and a niced tossed salad to go along with the meal.

I had planned on a beef roast, but we can have that later on this week.  It is more important to have his favorite meal to brighten up his "evening."  If my husband or son are having bad days, I do my best to serve their favorite meal for dinner that night. 

It is one of those things that I do for my family. Perhaps I shouldn't show my love through food, but when it is cold, the days are shorter and you have had some disappointments, somehow coming home to your favorite meal always seems to "lighten" the load and make everyone feel better, albeit in a small way.

4 comments:

Maureen said...

The way to a man,s heart is through his stomach. Your Mum taught you well.

Martha said...

Maureen:

That is so funny that you would say that. When I was in High School my mom had to go to work to help pay for my sister's college education. She wouldn't get home from work til late at night and I had to cook all of our weekday dinner meals beginning in 9th grade.

My dad used to sit down, bless the food and eat and he would always say to me "Martha, you are going to make somebody a good wife."

Anonymous said...

I think it's a great way to make someones day!! :) And who doesn't love pizza?! Yum!

Anonymous said...

I think it's a great way to make someones day!! :) And who doesn't love pizza?! Yum!