December 22, 2010

Busy with Christmas Preparations - Don't forget about Jacob

I'm busy with Christmas preparations and I will try to get a post in tomorrow.  I will update everyone on my budget killer grocery shopping trip last week and on a lot of goodies I have been making.  Tomorrow I need to deliver cookies and candies to the neighbors, bake some cut out sugar cookies for us and finish making one last Christmas present.

How is everyone else's Christmas preparations going?  While you are getting ready for Christmas, please don't forget about Elizabeth and her family over at Trenches of Mommyhood.  Her son, Jacob, is seriously ill and hospitalized with cancer.  She is posting about everyday as to how Jacob is doing and she is being very honest with her feelings.  She needs encouragement. 

I delivered our daughter prematurely several years ago.  Our daughter lived only 3 hours and I can still remember the trauma of that event and being hospitalized myself for almost a week.  My experience pales in comparison to what she and her family are facing.  Say a prayer for Jacob, Elizabeth and her husband and their other children also.  Their Christmas celebration has been turned upside down this year - they need courage and support. 

2 comments:

Maureen said...

They have my prayers, as do you for your loss.
I have a friend with a very sick Daughter, and this time of the year brings it all home to us how lucky we are to be healthy and happy, God Bless

Kim said...

Just wanted to let you know that I just took my Oatmeal Chocolate Caramel Bars out of the oven. They smell so good and my son wants to know when he can dig in! LOL Thank you so much for the recipe!
Prayers are continuing for Jacob. My heart is breaking for all of them.

Merry Christmas to you and your family!
Kim in VA