December 13, 2010

Dinner Tonight - December 13th

Tonight I am going to make a chicken stir fry using some boneless skinless chicken breasts and stir fry vegetables.  I'll probably make some carrot raisin salad and I have some italian bread that I will slice, lightly butter and toast in the oven.

The cookie jar is empty so I will be baking some cookies this afternoon.  Having the oven on will definitely warm up the kitchen as it is only 5 degrees outside.  On Saturday we received our first big snowfall and due to the wind, there were blizzard warnings up around our state (Iowa). 

I am also doing laundry today.  Our washer and dryer is in the basement and the dryer is venting into the basement so the warm air will take the chill off down there. 

I will post later today my grocery expense for last week.  I have to double check to make sure that I have entered all of the receipts.  It's been a good month for saving on groceries BUT -- heard on the news this morning that gasoline is expected to go up to at least $3.15 a gallon.  They also reported that groceries will continue to rise, probably due to gasoline going up. 

So, it's a good day to stay inside, bake some cookies, do laundry and watch an old Christmas movie (while I keep decluttering). 

No comments: