February 15, 2011

Painting Update

Here is the ceiling ready to be painted.


Here is the ceiling yesterday after I painted it a second coat of medium blue and I painted the medallion at the base of the light fixture yellow.


I finished it today.  I first sponged a dark blue on it and then I softened it by sponging on a light blue.  Yes, I got some blue paint on the medallion.  But the medallion needs a second coat of yellow so the blue will not be noticeable after I apply the second coat.


See the large crack in the before picture?  Can you see it in the following picture? 


You can't see the crack?  Good.  Then the faux painting job did it's purpose. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crack??? what crack??? :)
Kudos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maureen said...

Clever girl I definitely never noticed the crack, well done, whats next ???