January 17, 2011

A Delicious Chicken Salad Recipe

This is my favorite chicken salad recipe.  Anytime I make a dish and someone wants the recipe, I always share it.  I have known women who never give out their recipes and I think it is very sad.  In my opinion it is the nicest compliment for someone to ask you for a recipe. 

Chicken Salad

1 1/2 cups cooked chicken (or turkey), chunked
1 1/2 cups cooked white rice
3/4 cup seedless grapes, sliced
3/4 cup sliced celery
1/2 cup mandarin oranges, drained
1/2 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
1/2 cup mayonaise
1 cup Ranch dressing (prefer fresh and not bottled)
1/2 cup toasted almond slivers

Combine all ingredients except the almond slivers.  Chill for at least one hour and then spoon portions onto a bed of Romaine leaves and garnish with the almond slivers.

For variation, I have served this as a wrap using spinach tortilla wraps.

No comments: