March 03, 2010

Odds and Ends

This month we have had some added expenses such as new glasses for my DH and DS. The insurance at my DH’s former job covered about 75% the cost of eye glasses and his new job does not offer any type of optometric coverage. So before the coverage ran out my DH and DS went to the optometrist for eye exams and new glasses. Our portion of the costs will be about $250 total for 2 pairs of glasses and both eye exams. It was not a bad deal.

I continue to forge on in finding ways to save money and such. I got an unexpected surprise at the grocery store today when I snagged a 5 lb. box of Clementine tangerines for $1.99 and I was able to get 4 boxes of Rice Krispies for 50 cents each after coupons. Another great deal.

The sun has been shining for the past week and I cannot believe how good it feels to have the sun streaming through the windows of my house. Of course with the sun shining into the house I am able to see a lot of dust bunnies and such, so I will be spending the next couple days deep cleaning the house.

The winter has been long and there were a few days that I didn’t get much done around the house as I just didn’t feel like it. It was dark and gray outside and the sun didn’t shine for such a long time. Now I feel energized to get more done and I feel that finally spring is around the corner. I can hardly wait to see a crocus peeking up out of the ground.

Next week the local meteorologist is predicting a lot of rain which will most likely lead to flooding in our area. We have been through a hard winter and now it would appear we will experience another spring of flooding. One thing always leads to another it would seem.

But for now, the sun is shining.

2 comments:

tammyyarbrough said...

You can't even see the sunshine through my dirty windows!! I guess you know what I'll be doing for the next few days. :(

Martha said...

I can hardly wait until late April or early May when it is warm outside so I can get out the ladder and wash our windows. Mainly I can hardly wait until it gets warm outside.