September 16, 2010

Helping those Living in Poverty

Today the government released a report from the Census Bureau reporting that the percentage of Americans in poverty has risen to 14.3% in 2009, the highest in decades.   
As a reminder from one of my posts from back in July, what follows is a portion of Ann Curry's Dateline report on poverty in America.




I know I have talked about this before, but I don't believe I can say enough that those of us that have plenty, need to help those who don't.  Please give to a charity this month that helps those living in poverty.  I will be donating food to our local food pantry.

1 comment:

Maureen said...

I heard something similar on my evening news last night, I sponsor a child in a third world country, but I may start giving more to an organisation nearer home.