June 30, 2010

$150 Challenge and Extra Expenses

                                                     $150 Challenge


When I set up the $150 Challenge I neglected to take a couple of things into account. In July we will be going to New York to visit my mother and our son is scheduled to have his Senior pictures taken in July.

If I waited until everything was perfect to plan a challenge, then it would never happen.  After all where is the "challenge" if I didn't have to deal with extra expenses?  So the challenge is still on no matter what.  Actually the trip money is set aside, it is the Senior pictures that I forgot about.  The sitting fee for the pictures is between $100 and $150 depending on how many outfits my son wears (yes, the photographer used the word outfits). 

It would appear that the $150 Challenge money may be used towards the photographer's sitting fee.  I'm not discouraged.  I'm encouraged as I know I can do it and I also know that this will help our budget by planning ahead, cutting back and saving for that sitting fee. 

This is what it is all about, being able to save money to handle the extras.  As to the accountability factor in this challenge, I will be posting each Monday what I spent the week prior and compare it to past weekly spending. 

No comments: