June 04, 2010

All is Well

Lately I have been saying to myself more and more "all is well."  Right now at this point in my life I am content.  It's weird that I am finding myself more and more a happier person which tells you something.  Looking back over the past few years I was miserable as I never had the time to do fun stuff.  I was always working, doing housework and rarely did I have time for myself.  I was okay.

I hate to admit it but I was really not a happy person.  Yes, I loved and still love my family immensely but work was in the way of my being a happy person.  For years I would put everything on "the back burner" and that included myself. 

My oldest son and his wife moved back to our town 2 weeks ago and for the first time in a long time I have my immediate family living near me.  It is wonderful.  They adopted a dog and now their dog comes to our house to hang out with our dog.  Our youngest son goes to visit them at their place and they come to our place for a meal and to visit.  I love spending time with my daughter in law.  It is nice to have another woman's point of view.

Last night my husband, sons and daughter in law all played a couple of games on our church softball team.  I sat in the bleachers for the first game with my "grand" dog and enjoyed the moment. 

School is out finally next week.  We had 9 snow days this year so the school year was extended.  No more homework help or worrying about math tests. 

Being surrounded by family and having time to do the things I want to do is happiness to me.  They say life is too short and I would agree with that.  In looking back over the past 30 years of my life I would have been happier if I would have never gone to work in the first place.  I had a wonderful career that I enjoyed but it took up all my time.  Now I am doing the things that I have always wanted to do but never had the time. 

Yes, "all is well." 

2 comments:

Stacy said...

What a cheerful post :) Soudns like this has been a positive change for you - I wish you continued happiness (and maybe some great-grand puppies some day?)

Stacy

Jen said...

JOY!!! This is what life is about!