June 25, 2010

Picking up the Pennies


Am I the only one that is willing to bend down to pick up a penny?  I always do because it makes me feel happy.  Yeah, I know, it doesn't take much to make my day.  Sometimes we forget that pennies are not worthless, they are valuable when accumulated.

As part of my $150 challenge, I will be trying out some frugal tips and I will post what has worked for me.  Just like reaching down to pick up a penny off the ground, I will take those pennies (frugal tips)  and watch them grow into nickles, dimes and dollars.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I was once on a bus when a woman dropped a local coin (equivalent to about 27 cents). She searched for a few seconds and couldn't find it, and was about to get off the bus. Her friend said "A person who doesn't pick up a penny isn't worth a penny" (replace penny with local coin). She made the driver wait while she found the coin for her friend :)

The little bits really add up - ask any five year old! :)

Martha said...

I put any change that I find in a small container and in the course of a few months I was surprised as to how many coins were in the jar. If all of those coins would have been on the ground at the same time, I am sure someone would have thought that they had found a small treasure.