May 11, 2011

Where have I been?

No, nothing bad has happened and I haven't gone away.  I will post tomorrow regarding the latest Tightwad Gazette reading which I should have done yesterday.  But, yesterday, -- I was soooo miserable.

The temperature was in the 90's and the heat index was 100 degrees.  We have yet to put the window air conditioners in the downstairs windows so I was trying to paint without fainting.  I had sweat going down my arms and finally I gave up.  In the middle of painting I heard a neighbor yell "Oh no, " so I went outside to see what had happened.  Her two dogs got loose and I spent some time chasing after dogs while my dog was in our fenced in yard watching.  At one point I thought I could actually see my dog rooting for the dogs that were running loose.

 By the time I got back home, the heat had totally zapped my strength (along with the great dog chase).  I slept horribly last night.  (The air conditioners will go in this weekend.) 

Our upstairs has a separate furnace with central air but my husband felt that it wasn't too bad.  I disagreed.  I slept in our basement family room.  Well we call it that but it really is just a piece of carpet and some old furniture along with a t.v.  It was nice and cool.  I drifted off to sleep only to wake up to a mouse running around with our cat in chase.  The rest of the night I slept fitfully and dreamt really weird stuff.  Maybe I should right a book like that lady did from her dream about vampires. 

I got up this morning and I knew that I wasn't going to make it so at 8:30 I took a nap and again dreamt some wild dreams.  After 45 minutes I got up and decided that I couldn't spent the whole day fighting sleep and being tired so I got to the laundry and started picking up.  It was a lot cooler today.  Yea!!

Then I heard a noise.  I didn't recognize it at first and then I realized what it was.  I ran outside in time to see our son's dog tearing off the lattice work around the base of our deck in order to catch a bunny.  I ran and yelled at the dog only to stub my right little toe on a stake that is in the ground holding the dog tie out.  It started to swell and I hobbled over to the deck and leaned a ladder against the lattice work. 

I came inside and inspected my toe.  It wasn't broken, but it was bleeding and I knew it wouldn't take long for it to get really sore.  Oh well, it's sandal season anyway. 

This afternoon it was back to the painting in the other side of the livingroom.  I finished the first faux finish on the walls about 45 minutes ago. 

So, there you have it.  There are no big sales at the grocery stores so I don't need to go shopping this week except for a few things.  With the time I am saving by not shopping, I will use it to paint. 

One side of the living room is all finished and I am working on the other side. It has to be finished by Saturday.  My son's graduation party is on the 20th so I have a little over a week to get everything painted, the house cleaned and the cooking and baking done.  I should be okay as long as I don't have to chase a dog. 


~Carla~ said...

Your poor toe!! Hope it's feeling better soon! I'll take the heat for you!! :)

HDNelson said...

How utterly exhausting for you!! Sounds like it is going to be a busy several days for you! Good luck!