May 24, 2011

Graduation


I am tired but it is what I call “happy” tired. Our weekend was wonderful. It began with our son’s graduation party on Friday night and ended with his graduation on Sunday.

After months of working in my living room and entryway, I can sit back and relax and go back to a regular schedule of keeping house.

I didn’t go over budget for the party but we are now down to very little money until payday on the 31st. But again, the pantry and freezer are stocked so we will be fine. I took 198 pop cans to the recycling center and I got $9.90 in deposit money returned to me. That is what I have for groceries until the 31st and that will be fine. We have a gallon of milk in the fridge and fruit and fresh veggies so I will use the money to purchase more milk as needed.

I have been taking a few days this week to relax and do whatever I feel like doing. Over the past two weeks I didn't get a lot of sleep, especially last week.  So I have been taking it easy and napping whenever I feel like it.  I have earned it. 

On Thursday I will begin to focus on cleaning my upstairs which has been neglected. I am looking forward to spending the first two weeks in June sewing some pretty cotton tops for the summer.

We will return to our reading on the Tightwad Gazette II tomorrow.

No comments: