June 24, 2013

I Love Being a Grandma


It is almost indescribable as to the love I have for my grandson, Ryan.  If I don't get to see him, I go through withdrawal and tell people that I need my "Ryan time."  Yesterday my son and wife asked me if I could watch him as they were going out of town for the afternoon.  They didn't have to ask me twice.  Ryan was with me for about 8 hours in which I fed him, diapered him, rocked him to sleep and played with him on the floor.  I love to see how he can roll on his side, smile at me and interact.  He will be four months old this week.  

He was born when I was in the midst of being treated for depression.  On the very day he was born I had asked God to give me a small miracle of hope that day.  I didn't know that at that very time he was being born.  Ryan was the best medicine for bringing me out of my depression.  I can hardly wait for the day when he actually calls me grandma.  

There is nothing like this time in my life.  I love it.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I became a Nana to a baby boy last Wednesday, it just so happens my Grandson was born the day before my birthday too which made it even better. I can not even describe how happy just looking at his little face makes me. I totally understand how you feel :)

Kathy said...

What a little sweetie! He looks just like you.

Donna said...

When I read yur blog I feel like I am looking in a mirror. We are just about the same age, and I too suffer from depression and am learning how to deal with all of life's curveballs. My first grandchild, agrandson, was born in April. I love him to the moon and back. Thankfully, we live close by and I see him often for lots of grandma time! I want you to know your honest and heartfelt posts have gotten me through some very difficult times, and I want to say thanks!

joy said...

LOVE YOUR BLOG!
I'm grandma to 6!
What is your "grandma name"?
Please check out my page www.facebook.com/whatmygrandkidscallme
Let me know what you think!
Joy