November 14, 2009

Blogging Lesson Two

First of all my DH and I are leading a SS class on a book written by Max Lucado called Fearless.  In blogging I am having to face my fears of being an older woman learning all of this techie stuff when I post to other sites and blogs.  This morning I added my blog url to "Life as Mom" except I accidentally added it twice - once under my name and once under my url.  Oops - I think there are more women out there like me who want to blog, want to tweet, want to use facebook but first of all have only so much time in the day to do all of this plus to sit down and learn it all.  My techie adviser is my 16 year old son.

However, if you were to ask me to prepare a Warranty Deed, Nunc Pro Tunc Order, documents to open a probate matter, file legal documents and track cases in the court system, then I am your lady. When I worked all of those hours at the law firm I didn't have time to come home at night and participate in blogs and such so I didn't get on the computer except to check my e-mail and to do a quick search.

The intent of my blog is for me to share this journey I am on and to make my blog easy to navigate.  I don't want to clutter it up with a bunch of other things.  I want to make it easy to read, easy to search and easy for anyone to add comments. One reason it took me so long to begin a blog was that I knew that I could easily get caught up with spending a lot of time on the computer and not getting my housework done.  Does anyone else have this problem?  I could sit here and search the computer and read other blogs and before you know it an hour or two has passed.  Yet - it is a great outlet for me and a way to meet a lot of people with the same like mind. 

So - here I am facing my fears on blogging and such and not wanting to look ridiculous.  Up to now the biggest fear I had faced was being in a car with a teenage boy trying to teach him how to drive.

No comments: