September 08, 2011

Homemade Muffins


Thanks for your kind comments.  The antibiotics are working but they do make me drowsy.  I am also slowly being weaned off of Paxil which is great.  I'm looking forward to being off of it and having more energy. 

Tonight I baked 8 dozen banana muffins for my husband's cross country team.  I, as the coach's wife, have baked muffins for their breakfast on Friday mornings for 12 seasons.  It always is surprising to me how much these kids (grades 7 through 12) love muffins.  I have a list of muffins that I bake for them:  pumpkin, bran, banana, donut style, blueberry and applesauce.  They practice for 6 weeks so I just rotate them my  repertoire.   

Muffins are a treat for these kids as moms don't bake muffins much anymore.  These kids are always telling me how much they love these treats and I am always being thanked.  I find that even though they are being made from scratch, it doesn't take that long to make muffins and they are really pretty frugal.

I have a huge metal bowl that I get out for a big baking project.  From start to finish I can make 8 dozen muffins from scratch in about 90 minutes.  I baked banana muffins today as I was able to get some slightly overripe bananas for only 29 cents a lb. 

The next time you want to take a treat to someone, try muffins.  They are quick to mix up and bake and when you deliver them still warm, they are extra special. 

4 comments:

~Carla~ said...

Glad the antibiotics are kicking in! :) I used to love muffins, yum! Great snack for the kids!

Unknown said...

Oh boy! I can't wait to ask my son how his muffin was! Thank you so much for taking the time to bake them.

Whenever we'd interview students for the Cross Country yearbook page, they'd always the great food you'd make for them!

Unknown said...

So glas to hear you're feeling better!

I love Amy D's Basic Muffin Primer. I use it a lot during the cool/cold months to make lots and lots of muffins for our family.

Unknown said...

Baking muffins is a lovely thing to do.

Glad you're feeling better.

Sft x

P.S.

Mr Sft is keen to know your banana recipe!