December 10, 2010

Laptop Woes - Never happens at a good time


I am having some problems with my laptop.  I hate when that happens, don't you?  I have been switching to Google Chrome and this morning I decided I would research how to move my bookmarks from Internet Explorer to Google Chrome.  Well, when I clicked on Internet Explorer it came up but no matter what I clicked on, I got a web page error message.  I rebooted.  I ran virus scan and then I gave up.  I can lose my bookmarks and recreate the majority of them, but it is a hassle.  Even though I am not going to use Internet Explorer anymore, it bothers me that it won't work.  It makes me wonder if this could lead to problems with other programs.

So, what to do?  I have a friend that operates a Computer Technology business.  He does a great job.  He used to take care of our computers at the law firm I worked at and he has worked on our home computers.  So I chatted with him on facebook this afternoon and I can drop off my laptop tomorrow or sometime next week and he will work his magic and banish any viruses, worms or for that matter, demons that are possessing my computer.

I love that there is someone I can trust to work on my computer and will also do a great job.  Guess what I don't like?  I will have to share our family desk top computer with my teenage son while my laptop is being worked on.  I'm not sure who this is bad for - him or me.  At least I have a backup computer when some families only have one computer for their family.

1 comment:

Maureen said...

I would be so lost without a Pc which is why my Son has given me a loan of his Laptop, but he will want it back. So a new PC in 2011 is in the budget